View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 03:30 AM  
Catherine Spark
Senior Hamster

Send a message via AIM to Catherine Spark
Default Question about Chit-chit-chit noise

Just wanting peoples' opinions. Willow was cuddly last night, letting me stroke her and running all over me without quite as much skittishness. I was then stroking her in her cage, and she was standing still letting me. She had just been running on her new flying saucer. It appears the activity stimulates her bowels - she was pooing a LOT! Perfectly normal, formed poos, just lots in a row following every stint of running Well she had just removed a couple of poos prior to me stroking her, and she started making a sort 'pl-pl-pl' noise with her mouth - closest thing to it I can describe, whilst standing very still. I would say it was medium volume.

Was this just cleaning her mouth after removing the poos, or was this the 'Be careful or I'll bite you' noise? She has had an experimental nibble before, but never an aggressive nip clearly intended as hostile. Her teeth were normal length, and she carried on doing it for a short while after I stopped stroking her and interacting with her. I left her well alone for a few minutes, then stroked her some more once she had stopped doing it and seemed to be moving in a more relaxed, non-vigilant way; and she didn't make the noise or seem bothered at all.

Something like this, but whilst very still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAoWF5BXVw0

What do people think?