View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 07:16 AM  
Silver
Banned

Default Re: can hamsters, gerbils and mice eat a guinea pig mix?

I perhaps will explain how I came to my %.

I was not happy with the commercial hamster/gerbil food. Because it has the grass pellets in which very few hamsters & gerbils eat. This means that the hams & gerbils do not get a balanced diet. The grass pellets are put in for fibre. In my mix's they have the fibre from different seeds/grains & pulses which get eaten totally this means there is nothing to be thrown away saving you money plus a complete balanced food

Also all the commercial mix's have corn/maize & or flaked peas in them. These are high in sugar once digested. So I wanted to make a complete food for diabetes prone hamsters.

My hamsters were every now & then getting thin. It was the food the Protein was too low until I fed the 19% Protein

I spent 12 months in total researching both in the U.K & Germany websites, information from both country's to find out the best % for them. Many. many hours

I then started to make the mix's which have now been on sale for some time. If you look in the nutrition section of this forum you will find my threads about making the mix's. Plus the threads on how people feel about my mix's & there hams.

In making & researching all the seeds/grains/nuts/mealworms/fish that hams & Gerbils can eat I have included many of the above that are just not in commercial mix's.

I am not telling you about my food because I get money from the sale of the mix's. I do not get anything. I only get the satisfaction that hamsters are eating a better food.

Silver xxx
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote