View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 04:23 PM  
chewit
Hamster Pup

Default chewits getting tamer by the day!

aw i’m so pleased! chewit has done nothing but surprise me tonight, she’s gotten used to climbing out onto my hand but it was starting to get difficult handling her when she was hyper and trying to get the lid back on the cage before she tried to hop out again so i laid my hand in her cage.... sleeves covering fingers cos i’m still paranoid she’s gonna nom me and she climbed right on! TWICE!

She managed to hop onto the floor earlier and i’m still aware she doesn’t like being picked up but i really carefully manouvered my hands round her and scooped her up without any sign of a squeak or nip! was too happy to tempt fate and try again tho haha!

Then just now she stretched out on her belly across my arm and just went all zzzzzz on me and let me massage her little ears.... i can’t believe it!

She still gets bit jumpy and is so full of energy but taming sessions went on for well over an hour tonight, a huge leap from the 5 minutes a few days ago!

and then... just as i was about to go to bed, she hops in her dust bath and starts rolling around.... first time i’ve seen her do that since i bought it!!

She’s now reaching full speed on her saucer... i love this little one! It’s only been a week so i’m really excited to see just how tame she will get over the next few months....

a very happy hammie mum!
chewit is offline   Reply With Quote