View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 03:03 PM  
gellerbing
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Tell me about your past and or present hamsters!

past hamsters

gizmo (gizzy for short) was my very first hamster, i got her from the pet section in do it all,she was a golden syrian and loved to be held from the first day i got her, unfortunately she had constant trips to the vet to have her teeth clipped and only had her for 17 weeks before she died

misty
because i was so upset after losing gizmo my mums friend bought me misty to cheer me up, she was a smoky grey colour at first but when she got older she changed to a tan colour which was pretty odd, she was a russian dwarf with a snappy personality whilst in her cage but once she came out it was like she was a totally different hamster and very friendly, she lived for about 3 and a half years

casper
i got him a year after i got misty, he was very friendly and very small compared to misty (he was a grey russian dwarf)
unfortunately he only lived for about 6 months as he got wet tail

nibbler and buttons
i didnt have these 2 very long at all,only about 2 months i think
they were both pure white and had red eyes, i never really got to hold any of them as they just wouldnt let me, buttons was the smallest and died first (i dont know what happened but after he died it looked like he had been bleeding from the eyes ) and nibbler died a few days later.
after these 2 i never bought from do it all ever again

more recent hamsters

taz

i only had him for about 4 weeks until he got wet tail, he recovered from that but then went downhill again and died, looking back i think it was my fault as i gave him fluffy bedding (i didnt know it was harmful at the time)

fudge

he had a strange thing for thumbs, whenever i tried to handle him he bit the thumb so i never held him, i did give him lots of attention though.
he lived for about 13 months, i noticed he wasnt himself so booked him into the vet but he died before the appointment, saddest thing was id already bought him his xmas present

coco

some of you will remember coco, she was a proper little madame who loved to bite everything (even our tv remote felt the brunt of her teeth lol)
she died in may, we dont know for definite what she died of we just know she was bleeding from her womb area just a few hours before so we can only guess it was pyro, she was almost 2 years old.

and then theres my current addition rocket

ive had him just over 3 weeks and has come right out of his shell since i got him, he was very timid and jumped at every little thing, now when i open the cage the first thing he does is try to climb out the cage, he even goes straight onto my hand by himself now (albeit with gloves at the moment)