View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 11:53 PM  
Holly
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Runty, a very special baby - pics

I've been worried about this little guy (actually probably a gal) for what seems like forever but she's battling on and on - she's half the size of her siblings at 19 days old but is always one of the first in the food scrum.

The thing is that she looks quite odd - because she's got very little fur ... actually virtually no hair at all around her face and the back of her neck, there's more on her rump but it's still very sparse. I think she's supposed to be a BEC, maybe a satin, but she's actually PINK

These pics were taken this morning at 19 days:

She's incredibly special to us, we've watched her battle and we love her very much so she'll be staying with us whatever. I'm just wondering if any other breeders have experienced this in a runt - she looks like she's developmentally delayed, except that even 10 days ago the other babies had more fur than her. I've seen runts as small as her in comparison to their littermates but I don't think I've ever seen one with virtually no hair at this stage

I just hope she's going to make it - surely, with each day that passes, she's more likely to?
Holly is offline   Reply With Quote