View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 04:28 AM  
flogging_molly
Hamster Overlord

hey Jen, if you are going for a syrian pup, you'll need:

* The cage, the bigger the better

* Shavings, some recomendations are Aspen, Carefresh, Megazorb etc

* Bedding (toilet roll shredded is great - proving that the simplest works in this case

* You may also want to invest in a hamster potty, with potty litter in it (other members may be able to give you a more varied range of litters for this)

* You may want to get your hammy a sand bath, chinchilla sand is great but again, other members may be able to give you other options

* A wheel, try to get a large wheel, Rody Savic Wheels are good, Wodent Wheel Senoirs are also good but quite big

* Toys, toilet roll tubes that are finished are good, but there is a big market of toys out there it's just a case of making sure they are safe for your hamster

* Food : harry hamster mix is best (so i've been told) it has a good mixture of food in it

* Treats: although be careful how many you give your hamster, but these are a good tool to gain your hamsters confidence

* Hamster Exercise Ball: these are great for giving your hamster so it gets a bit of exercise outside the cage, make sure you give the hammy sufficient water breaks though, roughly every 20 mins

* Water bottle: this should be supplied with the cage, if not make sure you buy one

* A baby brush or toothbrush: more improtant if you buy a longhaired hamster as you saw with Wes last night, he's very hairy and although he messes his hair up after i brush him he loves it really!!

I can't think of anything else to hand but you'll get a very of replies from other members, the basics will always remain the same: hope this helps.

Owned by Reuben, Aria. Melody, Henry & Mouse
flogging_molly is offline   Reply With Quote