View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 02:46 PM  
furryfeet
Newborn Pup

Default Escape-proof hamster cage suggestions needed!

My housemate has just seen my hamster, Noodle, running across the living room floor and we captured her in a cupboard. I'm so glad she was seen or I would never have found her. She is now safe in a carry case for tonight.

Now I need to buy a new cage, as fast as possible! She was in a tank, with a mesh lid. I have no idea how she got out, it is a fair jump to the lid and the lid has fairly small squares of mesh. Perhaps it was not tight enough around the tank. My previous hammies never got out, and they had shelves making it dead easy to reach the lid.

Anyway, my DIY skills are not up to making any better kind of lid, so I am going to have to buy something. I don't want a solid aquarium-type lid as there would be no ventilation, so I'm looking at buying a barred cage. I'm pretty sure she would chew out of a plastic base, so, I'm thinking a Critter cage. How escape proof are these for hamsters? She is a tiny Syrian *goes to weigh her* at only 80g. She was an RSPCA hamster but hasn't grown since I've had her.

Help!

Thanks,

Alison
furryfeet is offline   Reply With Quote