View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 01:31 AM  
student1304
Hamster Pup

Post Re: Why don't they understand?

I know exactly what you mean, I've just had an argument with the OH over my latest hamster addition. When I bought my syrian Gimli, there was a little chinese dwarf Chan in the adoption part of the pet shop, I was told they got rehomed quickly and I didn't want two hamsters so I didn't buy him. Anyway he has been on my mind since and when I went back yesterday (5 weeks since I bought Gimli) the poor little guy was still there. I felt guilty for leaving him in the first place so I adopted him and brought him home.
Well my OH went nuts...He said I'm 21 and shouldn't be getting two hamsters, that I'm rediculous and stupid, and what really hurt my feelings was that he said It was really wierd. He told me to get rid of him.
I don't understand the issue, my OH doesn't clean/look after the hammys and I have my own massive room which certainly isn't overcrowded/an eyesore with two cages.
Even when I explained that he was in the adoption bit for so long he still didn't get it, he seems to think that I'm gonna keep collecting hamsters.
I don't know what to do Chan certainly isn't going back!
student1304 is offline   Reply With Quote