View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 05:26 PM  
vanilla-yazoo
Roebuck Hamstery

Default Re: Rosewood Abode or Ferplast Favola for my Dwarfs?

i have a winter white who has been single since 6ish weeks old, he is fine on his own and likes his space.

Just a note, if its pets at home you are looking at, the hamsters would be hybrids, a cross over of the winter white and campbells (like a labradoodle is labrador-poodle) they might look like a full campbells, but the places they get hamsters from dont keep the species seporate, so they would definatly be a mix of the two, unless you went to a breeder.
You are right, they are 'social' but they also can have bad fights over what seems like nothing. in the past I had reserched loads into chinese, and what i found out said you can keep them together, I got 3 females, 3 days later I was woken up by screaming in the night, they all had bites from one another, I seporated them into anything close at hand, but they all passed from the wounds. For this reason I dont keep pairs, if I did there would be multiple cages ready in case, and ild try not to leave them unatended.

kyril, hamtastic, pompompoms have got pairs/groups off the top of my head, so they are the top people if you did get a pair.

pets at home staff are as inteligent as ever!
I dont know if you where up for traveling, monday theres a show in thame, oxford, (a bit over an hour from marylebone) there will be full winter whites, and full campbells with pedigrees there. Im not saying you have to go, but should you want to go, its quite a close show to london
vanilla-yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote