View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 06:57 AM  
lykame
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Has anyone used this company?

Bear in mind that all my knowledge comes from less than two weeks of extensive reading of this site.

What type of hamster do you have? That will affect the size of the wheel. I have a dwarf and bought a 6.5" silent spinner. It is VERY quiet, although I don't keep him in my bedroom so it's not much of a problem. With a Syrian you would need a bigger wheel as their backs cannot be bent whilst they run. I think the KW wheels are silent but aren't they also made of wood? Something to consider if you have a chewer or if your darling likes to pee and poop whilst they run - plastic might be better in that case. A lot of people on here swear by silent spinners but they also swear by other types.

I haven't meshed the top of my cage but I don't have a Syrian who seem to be escape artists and I have nothing high enough for him to reach the top of the cage. I have seen some posts about meshing the tops and if you look in the housing section there is a thread on everyone's cages, which might give you some ideas! Sorry I am responding from my phone or I would try tracking things down for you.

Lydia and Artie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyMM View Post
Hi Lydia,

Thank you for responding.

I'm in North London. I'll try out an internet search for Jollys.

By the way, what wheel do you use? I am hoping to get a Karlie Wonderwheel, in the hope that it really is silent.

And how did you get the top meshed?

Tracy
lykame is offline   Reply With Quote