View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:10 PM  
Emma
Hamster Addict

Send a message via MSN to Emma

It's possible to lecture without coming across as lecturing....it's a skill I'm learning as I spend more and more time in practice

I would answer these questions:

Roborovskis are a social species, and this hamster should not have been bought singly. It is very important to research the husbandry of an animal before purchase, as after is usually too late. Introducing new hamsters can be tricky, but if this is a very young hamster and another very young hamster of the same sex can be found it may be worth attempting. Refer to forum to ask further questions on introducing hamsters.

I would only introduce another Robo of the same sex. They cannot breed with other russian species (they are a completely seperate species) but introducing a Campbell's or WW would be an incredibly bad idea and likely result in the death of the Robo. It would not be advisable at all.

It is possible to tame down Robos a bit so they are more handable but they are never going to be as cuddly-tame as other species of hamster. Again I would refer to forum to ask further questions on handling/taming Robos.

Em x

Hamster Central Moderator

Owned by Merry, Pippin, Lola & Shirley (roborovskis) Toby & Hazel (syrians)

Missing my angel Phoebe
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote