View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 07:13 PM  
kyrilliondaemon
Retired Moderator

Default Re: Let's see your cages (from January 2012)

This is Scamps er... absurdly giant cage... (Please ignore the stuff by the bed, thats just Christmas chocolate and we don't have a surface in the room spare for it lol)
She adores the rotastak, we originally used the bin for play-space but then got a chance at a second hand hamster heaven locally and er... Scamp got that too
So she now has over 15000 square cm of floor space in total, making her absurdly spoilt, but she uses all of it so we're happy
(No I do not reccomend this for a normal syrian setup lol, we spot clean normally but need to devote hours to cage cleaning on the rare occasions she needs it all changed, and unless you can something like this is definetly not for you.)

This is Whizz in her new ZZ2, she only got it tonight and is absolutely thrilled with the amount of space she has after telling us to give her a bigger cage than her mini duna. It was unmeshed in this photo but we meshed it while she was in the cage - she can't get to the top anyway but we wanted to mesh it just to be sure.
She's in her food bowl in this, just so you can see how large it is compared to her.

This is Skip's mini duna next to Whizz's ZZ2. Skip gets a ZZ2 tomorrow so I'll post that soon, but he's in the mini duna until then (the shop only had one ZZ2 in stock, so ordered us another for collection in the morning), so I figured you can see the setup and how the cage size compares to the ZZ2.

Finally, this is the russians current cage setup. I know people would advise it to be less crowded, but we have tried that and they actually squabbled a lot more. (They were fine for a day or two, then started squabbling a lot more, putting extras in stopped the squabbling so we're leaving it like this for now.) They're a daft lot of hams, but when all is said and done we want them happy. The cage crowded and not huge makes them happiest so thats what they get.