View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 11:28 AM  
Bourne Valley Hams
Hamster Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollz
Sue, would you think help would be needed appreciated on either the show day (Saturday) or the first display day (Sunday)? And what kind of thing would it be? Mum is willing to help too.

I'm quite keen on pen stewarding, but don't want to do something wrong and also don't think it is fair to leave mum on her own all day after she has driven me miles to a show - would she be able to help or should it really just be 1 (I do understand if it is). I also don't mind helping on sales (but again am worried about making mistakes) or any other things too as long as I do get to see a little bit of the show, which I'm sure I will.
Chris was on about volunteers sitting with baby hamsters for people to look at/play with on the display - do you think this will actually happen or not? I don't want to bother Chris and Peter if they haven't got a computer at the moment, so thought I would get some advice from you first!
Yes, please Molly - we can find both you and your mum something useful to do!!
Don't worry about making mistakes, there will always be someone there to help you. You won't have to stay working all day long, we make sure everyone has a chance to go for a wander round the show or just sit and relax.
For your first time pen stewarding you would have someone who knows what they are doing helping you, the same on the sales table - you won't just be left to fend for yourself.
On display days we set up a big play box and the display and sales hamsters get a chance through the day to have a run around in it - always a big draw to the public! Being in charge of that is a great job as you get a chance to sit down next the box and take a break whilst the public coo over the hamsters!!
Bourne Valley Hams is offline   Reply With Quote