View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 02:43 PM  
babyboos
Retired Moderators

Send a message via MSN to babyboos Send a message via Yahoo to babyboos
Default Livestock

I don't imagine they make a huge deal from the hamsters - they are a way to sell all the ancillaries such as cages etc - that is where they will be feeling it

Is this store one of those directly related to the actual deaths or just part of the same chain?

I feel the same as you Emma but I doubt they will take the decision to stop selling them anymore - plus we do need to remember that they are the only place many people can buy a hamster from - there is no well established breeder network in any country - even here in the UK there are just a few large concentrations. I get enquiries from Shetland to London looking for hamsters.

I wish more people would consider contacting a rescue when looking for a hamster. Did you see the story about the escaped hamsters in Northern England who were left to breed to over 130 in number behind the walls of a council flat. The RSPCA is now shipping them to various centres across the country so please, please, please consider giving one of these little fluff balls a chance
babyboos is offline   Reply With Quote