View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 07:01 AM  
kyrilliondaemon
Retired Moderator

Default Re: Syrian cage help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlightSerenity View Post
Smaller bar spacing has prevented a lot of hamsters here (as in owned by forum members lol) from bar chewing. I would worry about the dangers of it but I just wanted to point that out

Also, there is minimum bar spacing with Syrians - around 1cm. Hence the need to mesh cages like the ZooZones and rabbit cages
Ah ok, I'd be concerned about Scamp ending up rubbing her nose raw if she had thin bars, so its good to know that if anything they'd stop the chewing rather than hurt her.

And I thought it was a max of roughly 1cm for syrians? (I'd meant that theres no smallest bar spacing, hence min, but am starting to wonder if I got confused somewhere.)

Mona's Humans - Thanks for the comment on perseverance lol, it was a couple of days work but Scamp was happy so it was worth it. And I think we got our storage containers cheaper, which'd probably explain me finding them worth it whereas yeah, £60 for a bin cage is a bit more than I'd want too.
We rearranged our bedroom in absurd ways to fit the hamsters in happily lol, also had the choice of "clothes or hamsters?" so most of our clothes now live elsewhere :P

And difficult is good! It just shows you want the best for the hamster, we've been through that one too lol. The number of times I've gone through every source of cages I can find trying to find the perfect answer for our pets is insane lol

I was surprised at how big the imac fantasy was when I finally saw it in person, am afraid I don't know the tube size, and you might be able to connect them with your other tubes but it depends entirely on the diameter of the tubes.