View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 06:24 PM  
Coco1
Adult Hamster

Default pet stores

Have to say I don't think purchasing animals from badly run pet stores is "rescue".

Well, you're right there Emma, I have to agree with you on that. I guess its just the lack of knowledge the staff have when it comes to hamsters (and i'm sure plenty of other pets in the store) . I understand there are lots of teens out there working part time when on school breaks and theres nothing wrong with trying to earn some money, I just wish the management of the stores would be a little more picky when hiring, teens or adults, to make sure that they have some basic knowledge about the pets they're selling. I mean, when I go into the pet store and the sales person tells me "Oh and you have to get this fluffy stuff, its really soft and they love it for their bedding" .... Ya know? It drives me nuts! I looked at her like "DO you realize that you've just promoted a bedding that is KNOWN to be dangerous to hamsters? .

There are very good pet stores out there and unfortunately its the bad ones that give them all a bad name. There are stores you come across where the people are very concerned about the care of the pets in there and are educated enough to be able to educate the consumer about the pet they're buying. I just feel so bad for those animals that are just in the wrong store....
Coco1 is offline   Reply With Quote