View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 AM  
Demecat
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Small animal boarding

Insurance, because even though you have the T&C/Disclaimer, there is still a chance you could be found responsable for something.

The animals should be kept totally seperate from your own. You could end up with lots of substrates etc everywhere which can be very messy, so you could say bring your own shavings/bedding or pay extra £xxxx to use the boarding facility's.

All rabbits must have an up to date vaccination record and you must take a deposit because some people use these services to dump unwanted pets.

While with small pets like hamsters, bringing opwn cage is fesable, it often isn't for rabbits and g pigs, so you'll need to buy your own. Same with pet carriers... best to have some of your own.

While people will tell you which vet they're with, there may be a reason why that person's vet cannot see you (out of hours etc) so get to know your local vet and warn him that you may have to bring in pets that you don't own in emergencies etc.

Some animal colleges do part time courses/evening classes. It's good to get some of them under your belt so you can show that you have recieved expert training on animal care.