View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 05:33 PM  
Almi
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Looking for breeders in the U.S.

I don't see how someone breeding one of your hamsters when it would otherwise not be bred is "ruining all of your hard work." It's not setting you back or affecting you at all (you may not ever know it happened); it's basically just creating pups that would otherwise not be there. I don't see how that's destroying anything.

Do you think that's what I intend to do, anyway? Because if I ordered hamsters from you, I'd order enough that they would most likely be my entire breeding stock (if that would be possible for you). Then perhaps I might, if I can, find another breeder to get hamsters from for some fresh genes. Do you think that I'd order two or three hamsters from you and just breed them to the ones I've found in pet stores? That would be silly. I'd order enough from you so that I could breed the ones I bought from you together. I'd most likely rehome my other ones, unless there was something really special about them.

You could even sell me hamsters without a pedigree, if that made you feel better. Then it's no different from me buying one of your hamsters through a pet store, right? So you take no responsibility then. I do genuinely want some good lines. If I were so worried about just "head count" (I am NOT, I am more concerned about quality, and will probably not meet their quota, at least right away), I wouldn't be willing to pay the several hundred dollars it takes to get some good quality breeding stock shipped to me. Doesn't that say anything at all? It's not like it's impossible to produce their quota, but of GOOD QUALITY hamsters. Quality comes before quota. If I meet quota, great. Just because there is a quota (I was simply told how many hamsters they sell each month ON AVERAGE when I asked, it's not like they said, "produce this many or we don't want your business,"), doesn't mean I'm all that worried about meeting it (really it would just be a matter of having a certain number of litters every month, not a certain number of pups, anyway). I am not breeding solely for numbers, quality is very important to me. I want you to understand that.

Do you even have any available, Janet? I looked on your site and there was nothing, but perhaps you haven't updated it. Well, if are ever willing to sell and ship to me, and have any available, let me know...you haven't actually said no to me directly, so I thought I'd ask.
Almi is offline   Reply With Quote