View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:08 AM  
firedrake13
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Looking for breeders in the U.S.

I know other members can chime in on storys of hamsters that were bought from petshops that had health issues, and from what it seems like that it does come down to the dwarfs in a lot of cases. What concerns me is that the OP mentioned breeding WW and/or Campbells, which any that are bought from petshops are more often than not hybrids I would consider them not breeding "stock". Maybe I'm being harsh because I'm still hurting from the loss of my little girl, but, again, I don't want to see others go through this.

Another thought I had lastnight is if this pet shop that these babies are to go to decideds not to take them, what will happen to them? Myself I had two Oops litters from hamsters that were bought pregnant (unknowingly), while I'm finally getting some rehomed now, I had many homes fall through... and found it quite hard to find new homes for them. Are you willing to take on the responsiblity of having these babies in your home should something fall through, do the extra work to find them good homes if needed?
We can deny our angels exist. Convince ourselves they can't be real. But they show up anyway. In strange places. And at strange times. Then can speak through any character we can imagine. They'll shout through demons if they have to- daring us, challenging us to fight
firedrake13 is offline   Reply With Quote