View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 09:45 AM  
neilsmith
Banned

Default concerns over my roborovski hamster

I have recently aquired a roborovski female hamster-is it ok to wake them up when ever you're ready to handle them at night-otherwise she doesnt get up till after i've gone to bed after midnight.
I have tried waking her and getting her out at 9pm but she is still sleepy and just falls asleep on me and if i put her in a exercise ball she just sits still and falls asleep-so what should i do? have her out in the morning instead as shes still active and on her wheel at 8 in the morning-so would this be the best time to give her out of cage time and handle her and let her have time in her playbox and a run about in her exercise ball?
Is it normal for roborovskis to not get up at night till gone midnight?Do you think roborovskis dont like the lights been ontherefore they prefer to hide away till its dark-or have i just got a lazy robo?
Is it best to leave her alone at night as i'm ready for bed by the time she gets up & just give her a playtime and handling time on a morning when shes most active and lively-as i dont go into work till afternoon as am part time.
Do you find your robo's dont get up till midnight or later-do you wake them up when you're ready to handle them?What if at night they're too dopey to play and just fall asleep on you like mine does-is it best to give them their playtime out of the cage on a morning instead?
If i happen to sleep in in the morning though & ''Dinky'' has already gone to bed-then should i still wake her up so to handle her and let her have her playtime out of her cage-or leave it till another morning when i'm up earlier.

Do robo's mind being woken during the day as ''Dinky'' dont seem to mind if i have woken her if shes gone to bed by the time i've got up.
Shes often active till noon once i have her out.Obviously if i'm having dinky out in the mornings then it could stress her if i were to wake her up on an evening as well.
Any advice please would be most helpful as i dont know what to do for the best regarding my robo.
neilsmith is offline   Reply With Quote