View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 03:32 PM  
Mrs.Wiffles
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Onion and Leeks in a hamster mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamtastic View Post
I'm confused why a commercial hamster mix (Ecotrition -- non-organic kind) has onions and leeks in it... I thought it was common knowledge that they are bad for a hamster. But then also this stuff gets pretty good reviews, so either the amounts of onions and leeks is very small, or the kind it has is dried and with reduced amount of what makes it toxic? I'm just confused, because I do like the variety in this list:

Oat Groats, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Whole Corn, Heat Processed Soybeans, White Millet, Milo, Wheat, Pumpkin Seed, Spanish Peanuts, Diced Papaya, Banana Chips, Ground Corn, Wheat Middlings, Soybean Meal, Soybean Hulls, Ground Oats, Cane Molasses, Salt, Diced Carrots, Diced Potatoes, Minced Onions, Parsley Flakes, Celery Flakes, Diced Red Peppers, Diced Green Peppers, Cabbage Flakes, Leek Flakes, Diced Zucchini, Tomato Flakes, Spinach Flakes, Flax Seed, Ground Limestone

Any ideas they might have been added?
It is interesting that you mention this, because P@H sell a hamster treat mix which contains prawns. I queried this and they said the % is so minute, that it is negligible. Any thoughts?
Mrs.Wiffles is offline   Reply With Quote