View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 10:45 AM  
Coco1
Adult Hamster

Default storms

They certainly can sense storms, as most animals do, because I certainly can! Up to 24hrs before a storm, or even just hours before it rains I get the worst headaches. It was quite a nuisance when I lived back home (UK) as it rains a lot there of course, but now I'm in Texas I don't get them as often as its so hot and dry here. However, when it DOES rain or a big ole Texas size storm is on its way Urrrgghhh! It HURTS! The only thing I can do is lie down, no pain killers work. As soon as it passes the headache goes.

It can be bought on by two things - either right before the rain because of the increased positive ions in the air, and / or the pressure drop. Sometimes I'll get the headache without any rain, but a storm may be around with a fast drop in barometric pressure and that's enough to do it. One thing did work back home and that was a simple ionizer. However, here in the States it's hard to find JUST an ionizer without all the air purifiers and filters etc! The "Ionic Breeze" would work, (a large and expensive US air purifier / ionizer) but I don't need all of that stuff - I just want the little iddy biddy $20 ionizer!!! They put back the negative ions in the air.

Then again, it's kinda cool cause I'm very often way more accurate than the weather man! My neighbours love it!! "Should I wash my car now or is it going to rain? " LOL!

So - back to the subject - You BET our hammies can sense the weather!
Coco1 is offline   Reply With Quote