View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 05:37 PM  
AliKati
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Will they forget me? Or forgive me?

I feel a little pathetic. My OH and I have a fantastic trip coming ahead at the end of November, and we're going to be away for 6-7 weeks. I know it's going to be great, and I feel very guilty that sometimes, while my partner is talking about it, I'm feeling some dread inside.

I think I'm going to miss my hammies very badly. I've not been away from them this long before. The longest I've been away at one stretch is about two days, and even then, I was missing them and looking at their pictures before I went to bed. (Weird, I know.)

Obviously, this is not something I can discuss too openly with other folks, since most people would just think I'm nuts as this trip is terrific. But it's just I will miss seeing their funny faces when they wake up, or the funny looks they give sometimes. Hah, Evie's gleeful face when she first tasted porridge with mashed banana! Hamchan's monkey-barring and constant pleading look.
Also, their life spans are so short - I'm a little sick I'll miss 6 weeks of their lives. Then I'm worried - like what if something happens etc.

Rant over. Sorry, I know they'll be in a great holiday home with LRP who knows zillions on hams, and they'll get to "know" Izu, Claudio and Rao.

I just hope they won't forget me, or won't take too long to forgive me when I come home.