View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 10:47 AM  
kyrilliondaemon
Retired Moderator

Default Re: Cardboard Playpen

Yeah... Scamp hitting my foot was er... unpleasant lol
Now I'm on stronger painkillers and careful enough to avoid her hitting it hard even if she does manage to touch it

I hope you enjoy the bathtub idea when you try it
We considered it but since our runs are all big enough for us to fit at least one human as well as a hamster (or four of them :P) we've decided to try taming them in the runs instead.
Scamp loves us sitting in the run with her - Thinks we're extra-large toys lol. So we're hoping that in time we'll get all the boys confident enough to do the same

We've er... Got a lot of hamster toys too lol
Have a spare cage, three spare dwarf wheels, a bigger broken wheel awaiting either fixing or binning and four groups of outside-cage toys (one pile for each cage so no-one has to play with toys that smell of someone they don't live with). Plus a few egg boxes, cardboard tubes, and little hidey things that're for everyone to be given when we think they should get them. Oh and a load of plastic tubes and stuff too lol, they should go with the rotastak bit of Scamp's cage but she's always got spares, so they double as toys for everyone too

No-one is exactly short of in-cage toys either lol

Plus they're all getting new wheels and I'll soon be putting in an order for more hamster toys soonish... But then I'll be done buying hamster toys for a while.
I've bulk-bought consumables so that I can stay out of the local petshops for a while and not get tempted by any new toys they might get in lol. Only thing we might need before September is chinchilla sand and the local petshops don't sell it anyway.

(Disclaimer - Scamp's rotastak is joined to a bin cage with a large wheel, she loves it and is one of the cases where rotastak does work for a syrian.)