View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 04:40 PM  
kyrilliondaemon
Retired Moderator

Default Re: Cardboard Playpen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennithefluffy1 View Post
Ahhhhhh I understand xD I let my two out in their balls for the first time today, Nellie just looked bored but Vera was running around like a crazy thing and getting under my feet while I was cleaning the cage. Might have to set up a perimeter for her hehe
lol cool
Scamp our syrian loves her ball, Skip the robo seems to like his, but Whizz was too nervous to want to try running far when we let him try his, so we're giving him a while before we try them both in theirs again.
We haven't tried the russian boys in balls yet - Dusty is really reliant on having the others around and we think he'd worry he'd been separated from the others permanently and get unhappy if in a ball on his own (when he'd never been in one before), even if the others were nearby, so we think we'll have to use Scamp's old ball (she outgrew it but all four russians will be ok in it for a short time) and let him try a ball out with company before they can all go in their own balls, else Dusty will probably just worry about where the others are instead of enjoying exploring (and some of the others may do the same). We hope that if they go in a ball with company first they'll all learn that the balls are for exploring in and then will all be happy to explore alone in their balls next time.

Scamp loves to chase feet in her ball though - Or more specifically my injured foot lol. She seems to know theres something different about it, so instead of realising that if she hits it it'll hurt, she loves to chase it to investigate instead. Its a long term injury though so I'm getting good at keeping my feet up and standing on one leg to view rooms before I actually set foot in them - Then if Scamp charges she can't hit my bad foot and I can find out where she is before trying to walk anywhere lol

I'm glad Vera seemed to love the ball though
Now she just needs to teach Nellie how wonderful they are - Then you'll really need a perimeter lol
Just hope you never end up on crutches - Trust me, crutches and/or limping make hamsters ten times more lethal in their balls lol