Thread: Mapplewell Show
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 01:37 PM  
pophammy
Retired Moderator

Send a message via MSN to pophammy
Default Mapplewell Show

Well, we just got home from the Mapplewell show, and we had a great day! Firstly...

BINGLEY GOT BEST IN SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's my first ever BIS!!! He also won Junior BIS, Sapphire WW, Dwarf Novice, Grand challenge and Junior. Not bad for a 16 week old hammy at his second show!!! The others did really well too ~ Kipton won Pearl, got second in Junior and 3rd in Novice. Pawsy did well and came 3rd in Satin and 3rd in Junior Syrian, but poor Red got nothing, though there were 15 LH creams, and she came in about 6th with a good score! We were very pleased with little Napoleon, who got 4th in LH Satin, which was ALL LH creams!!!

Also, Jane, you were correct, the local ITV Calendar news crew came to the show, as Souf (being the Public Relations Officer) had emailed them a few weeks ago. However we got no reply so thought they weren't coming. They did though, and Souf and I were interviewed. Our hamster Sonni also starred as the 'Racing ham'!!! She's famous! Even though she has never done well in shows she's the only ham that has appeared on TV, and so has now added 'Superstar Oscar' to her name! Holly's son Will also appeared on TV, and quite a few of our members are in the crowd. I will try and get it transferred onto a link for you all to see! Also our president Dickie Bird of cricketting fame came and made presentations. He was also on the TV.

Phew! What a day, but here are a few pics of the day for you!

Christmas card making (Santa gets younger each year! ) ~ also thanks to Rosie (Spud's Mum's daughter) for her help

Me being interviewed!

Racing

Certificate winners with Dickie Bird

Me getting my BIS (!!!)

Congrats to everyone who entered and won, all the hams were gorgeous. Also well done to Tristar (Syrian BIS) and Sue Mutlow (Syrian BOS) .
Found in Announcements and Bug Corner Section
pophammy is offline   Reply With Quote