View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:35 AM  
Guinea Slave
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hamster advice for newby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina View Post
Sounds like you will have a tough time giving him back. I'm like that, I now have 4 hamsters (2 I got by accident as I offered to look after them till they are re-homed)

Good luck with the looking after and maybe post a pic of peanut for us to see!
I will, I think she is due back in the next day or two and I know I will be so upset if she wants him back. I just have to consol myself that is big and healthy so she must be happy. I am just keeping absolutely everything crossed...I have big plans for him which if I get to keep him I'll tell you all about if it happens.

Taking some piccies over the weekend so I will post them next week and also hopefully let you know whats happening

I do know what you mean re other animals, I would have a complete menagerie if I had the chance (its how I ended up from 2 guineas to 6 in 18 months..oops!). I used to bring back all sorts of animals as a kid, the best was when I was about 12 and riding a friends pony I spotted a huge wood pigeon which had a broken wing, I took it home on the back of the pony with me to fix it up! It went to a wildlife rescue and was fine but it was very funny. Pony was fine about it too!

I do want to say though, that despite what happens, everyone here has been so helpful, its opened my eyes to the gorgeous world of hamsters and the lovely people in it, I am now a huge fan and I hope one will come into my life soon if Peanut does go home.... thank you so much.
Guinea Slave is offline   Reply With Quote