View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 05:27 AM  
Gillzy
Highland Hamster

Default Re: Zoozone 2 help, purdy please!

Thanks folks. Yeh, I'm keen to get it from the shop because I do want to encourage them to sell bigger cages (and perhaps I could encourage them to tell customers that this is a good sized cage for a hamster - that would only make them more money!!). I'll try haggling, or maybe ask for some free millet with it Although I'm terrible at it lmao (I'm too nice lol). But really, a fiver isn't much (except I'll need to get a taxi home... which is another fiver).

The main problem is the mesh.

It has been suggested to me that art stores might have mesh?

From Wickes, for one sheet, it costs £7.50 (inc delivery). From Wilkinsons (my nearest store is too far) it's £9.43 (inc delivery) - although I'm not sure the mesh size in this one. And can't get it much cheaper on ebay (but that was a good idea, can't believe I didn't think of it!).

I'm gonna leave uni early today and see if I can find mesh in town, and I'll go buy the ZZ. My parents are coming down this weekend and although it's busy might be able to get mesh from Dobbies or B&Q (although I don't know if they'll cut me some to size?).

Thanks guys!

ETA: Do you think I could put her in it without mesh (until I get some) if I don't put any high toys in (although I would need to put her wheel in)? I don't think she'd be able to reach the roof... :/ I could put a blanket over it at night or maybe the lid from her bin cage? :/

Run free at the bridge my precious little Senpop. (10/10 - 04/12)
RIP My sweet little dwarfies - Doc and Noodle <3

Last edited by Gillzy; 06-02-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Gillzy is offline   Reply With Quote