View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 04:05 PM  
AlexWyattMommy
Senior Hamster

Default Re: My Syrian just had babies!!

Thank you for the info about the egg. I didn't think about her taking it to the nest. I will go check and see if any is left in the bowl and remove it right away.

She has the complete pellet things. Those are so ugly looking. And a mix that has seeds and little pellets and what I swear looks like different colored cereal pieces. She leaves the little pellets that look like rabbit food.

I think the smell from the cage is prompting him to sleep on the couch just as much as the wanting the babies to survive.

I would love to freebreeze that room. LOL It does smell pretty bad.

It would be fun to watch them play together if I can the sexing thing down proper. Gosh that reads really bad. LOL

Anyway, we are much more calm now that she has the babies with her and looks like she is taking care of them. We know nature may have other plans and will deal with the losses as they may be.

When I gave her more food, she came right over to the bowl as soon as I opened the door. She is not nervous around me at all. Which surprised me as my son does most of the work with her. I just talked stupid to her every day. Like she really cared that I was cleaning the bathroom or changing sheets.

Better go get that egg.

Thank you all for the well wishes.
AlexWyattMommy is offline   Reply With Quote