View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 03:11 PM  
Mom
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Superpet Crittertrail X

Actually, He's very happy in there.

I do need to do a " RED ALERT" here, though.

The unit came with a wheel in it, and the plastic on the top of the cage was moulded up to accommodate the wheel. (The wheel fit into a yellow plastic balcony inside there that served as the anchor point for the spindle.) When I took the wheel out and subbed a new one at the end of a plastic tube, I didn't think anything about the ventilation slots at the top of the "skylight" where the the wheel use to turn in..... short story: Arnold got out. That's the only place we can think of that he got out - we checked that entire setup over with a magnifying glass practically.

We happened to be sitting in the living room when the cat ran into our closet and then ran down the hall carrying something white. Yes, it was. Headfirst. Arnold - we thought he was dead, but he was just passed out. I would have been, too, since he used to come over to the side of the cage, completely unafraid of the cat - thought he was his big furry friend. Then he's halfway down his mouth!

That was a week ago. He's fine now. And we went to the hardware store and got a sheet of very thin brass that is now superglued and packing taped to the place where the wheel used to fit and the ventilation slots were. He is not getting out through there again.

Near miss, almost fatal. Be sure if you get one of these and you remove the wheel to block the ventilation slots. They're not very wide, but apparently they are wide enough!
Mom is offline   Reply With Quote