View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 08:27 AM  
lau200
Hamster Pup

Default good night Igor, my little old man

my poor boy Igor was pts today :'( he was suffering from the effects of old age and tumours... i wish i hadn't hd to let him go :'(

i've posted about Igor many times, he was our first rescue animal, an inspiration and because of him we no longer buy our pets. we adopt instead. poor Igor was from my local RSPCA, we took him home because nobody else wanted him. he was old and had many problems, but he was a delight to watch and i loved him so much. i will always miss him :'( it was suggested he was going to pts then, so i feel very lucky to have had him for the past 6 months. he was abused too, and despite this he was never nasty, though he was frightened of us.

he was deaf, had arthritis, had behevioural problems, was blind due to glaucoma and a deformed paw, he had no nails in his back paws, was completely bald underneath, had an infected scent gland, could hardly walk, became incontinent...... and eventually got skin cancer. but through all of this he was so brave. he was right little character, but i could see it was all getting to him in the end. he wasn't his usual cheeky self i think he knew. the vet says he wouldn't have had long left, but atleast he isn't in pain anymore.

Igor loved houses so much we went round and stole houses from the other animals we had :-X (we replaced then with other toys, we aren't that mean!) and every time he found there was a new house he got really excited. i wish i'd have been able to tell him how much we loved him and how special he was to us, there will never be another hamster like him.

here are some of my favourite pictures of Igor.

night night Igor, my little old man xXx

you will never ever be forgotten.
lau200 is offline   Reply With Quote