Thread: Aloha!
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 05:54 PM  
babyboos
Retired Moderators

Send a message via MSN to babyboos Send a message via Yahoo to babyboos
Default Great idea!

That is probably the best idea. I have used the Habitrail range personally - I remember begging my parents for months to get a Habitrail for my Christmas - we are going back a fair few years here!

(They had just come out if that gives you any clues)

I remember it quite vividly as one of my 3 month old Syrians actually died in the box bed thing you see coming out of the main unit and I blame it entirely on the huge amount of condensation that used to build up in there. The bedding was always sodden. I had the maze, the food bar, all sorts of out houses and tubes. Every birthday and Christmas for a while I used to get bits and pieces from their range. The wheel was good certainly being enclosed, though a little small for the huge hamsters we seem to have nowadays.

I still have it all in the attic though it is slightly chewed in places as I housed a pair of gerbils in it for a while. Looking at the maze now it seems so lame The ranges have changed only slightly over the years and i know a lot of people who get hamsters from me go home to house them in Habitrail units. I warn them to keep an eye on them as they develop and to upgrade if necessary to larger enclosures, wheels etc.
babyboos is offline   Reply With Quote