Thread: Sad vet visit.
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 09:13 AM  
Pompompoms
Retired Moderator

Unhappy Sad vet visit.

My poor robo The Cloud has been in the wars a little bit recently. he's two and two months now, so not a young man, but I was hoping he'd be healthier for longer.

A while ago he badly damaged his leg, impressively he has completley healed from the injury, and other than having a modified cage as he's not quite as sprightly all is well on that front.

At the same time he started to lose his fur across the side of his back and the leg that the injury was on. I thought it was becaue it was irritating him and he was over grooming. The hair loss spread to his stomach though, and his other legs too. The Cloud has always in my (possibly biased ) opinion been a really beautiful hamster, and to see him loose all his lovely fluff has been hard, but also perplexing. He's had vet visits every two weeks, but they've focussed on the injury up to now. They thought the hairloss was possibly stress related from the injury, and he had pain killiing drugs to settle him down.

Today I went in, and as I thought his leg is fine, but the fur loss was no different. He had a really thorough examination, and it turns out he has a testicular tumour . This will be effecting his endocrine system, which in turn is causing the hair loss. There is nothing that can be done, he won't get any better. At the moment he eats, drinks, and wheels away so is doing all his hamstery things. I don't know how long he'll be with me for, but he'll be spolied rotton for as long as he is. My lovely pompom.
Pompompoms is offline   Reply With Quote