View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 07:32 AM  
Laurinha
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Really Tiny red bugs

Here is a tip:

I found out that if I wrap the ham with a cloth (prefere a white and disposable one) or napkin for about 10 minutes, a lot of ticks will go to the cloth and you'll be able to see them, give them to vet the run lab tests, identify them, and of course, help getting rid of the huge amount of ticks on your ham.

Wrap him or her out with the cloth/napkin, wrap him all, just let the head out so he can breath and not panic. Hold him tight so he won't move and escape from the cloth. After 5-10 minutes take him out of the cloth and see that you got A LOT of ticks out.

I always get sad because by that you see how crowded of bug the baby is, but keep in mind that when you do that, you're eliminating a big part of it, and helping curing your ham.

Alone it won't solve the problem but it helps.

And it's useful for you to identify the bug or show the vet. It took me a long time at the vet hunting the tick down for him to get and send to a lab to run tests and identify the especies.

So that's a useful tip. Sad, but it's useful.

Now that I did that and that the bugs are getting bigger, by eating my babies blood , I can see them better. They surely look like the picture Lil Miss posted. But they're very small, and now they're becoming darker, I think they'll be black soon.

Keep you guys on track!

xo

Laura, Dito, Che And Fidel

Last edited by Laurinha; 03-19-2011 at 07:36 AM. Reason: forgot sth
Laurinha is offline   Reply With Quote