View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 05:11 AM  
Pouchy
Hamster Pup

If that was the case Souffle why did they not say so in their email to me ? No mention of distance just that my comments on here meant that according to them I was not a suitable person as far as they were concerned to adopt two of their animals.
In the words of BSM Sergeant Major Williams from IAHHM - Oh dear, how sad. Never mind!

By the way, I can't stand euphemisms vis a vis PTS (put to sleep). If the animal is going to be put to sleep you expect them to wake up wouldn't you?
My favourite is euthanased. What's wrong with saying you are going to kill them. After all, at rock bottom, that is what all these silly phrases actually mean.
And it really makes us feel better that we can get someone to do it for us so we don't have to. So much better for the vet to stick the needle in and fill them full of anaesthetic than for us to fill a bucket and drown them which is probably just as quick and as painless without incurring a huge vet bill into the bargain. if someone else does it our consciences are clear, are they?
Don't get me wrong, I take no pleasure at all from the death of any animal but if they are suffering it is best to put them out of their misery as soon as possible. Give them a good a life as you can for the short time they are with us or don't bother having the animals at all. If you can't devote time to the animal then don't even consider it.
Another fairytale post from yours truly - GRIM.
Pouchy is offline   Reply With Quote