View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 06:58 PM  
SkiddyFisk
Newborn Pup

Default Hamster behaving unusually

For the last day or so, my Syrian has been somewhat lethargic and not sleeping in her usual places/positions. She hasn't touched her wheel all day, while last night she was squeak-squeak-squeaking away at it like a pro. She's been digging at her bark a lot more than usual, and there's a big chunk at the end of the cage that she's completely exposed the bottom. Her fur appears matted in a couple places, most notably her cheeks and face, but NOT the tail area.

Two large changes have occured in the last 48 hours that might relate - first, my other hamster escaped and hasn't been found, and I moved from an air conditioned house into one without. It's hot here, so she might just not be used to the heat. I've sheltered her as best I can - she's right next to the big fan.

I dumped some cool water on her and, after being mad at me initially, was running around like normal for a bit, but now she's back to laying around like a lump.

Is this just a heat thing? I can take pictures of her or where the cage is sitting if needed.
SkiddyFisk is offline   Reply With Quote