Thread: Steve Bit Me :)
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 05:10 PM  
MandyP
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Steve Bit Me :)

Now i know you are not meant to be happy if your hammy bites you but this is a really big step for steve. He is very shy and runs from us when you go near his cage, we even put a towl over half of his cage to help him feel safe and secure. We have has him for about 3 - 4 weeks now and i have been trying to take him and not got very far. I have put him in his ball and he just sits there only once or twice that he has run around in it. So i thought i would try and put him in a hamster run with his wheel and made a digging box for him. He loved the digging box and went on his wheel in front of me Then i put my hand in the run and just sat very still. He ran around a bit wanting to come near me and then run away. Then he came right up to my hand and had a sniff and then bit me and ran back on his wheel!!! I am so glad he feels brave enough to come and say hello and tell me to go away lol!
We are going to leave the ball for a while and keep putting him in the run and see how it goes

I am a bit worried he doesnt like his cage. We have a Adobe cage and have a flying saucer, sand bath and tubes and a little cardboard box but we never see him running around in it. Do you think he feels too cramped in his cage and would benifit with something bigger? We are thinking of putting him in the Dwaft Ovo cage as Sookie loves hers. What do you think?
MandyP is offline   Reply With Quote