Thread: cleaning out..
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 05:05 AM  
KatiePillow
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default cleaning out..

I cleaned alfie out yesterday, (i've been putting it off, it was his first big clean but I have been spot cleaning, since he's fairly tidy)
(Alfie is blind, and isnt that clever either)

but he didn't react well =/ I kept some of the megazorb from his cage and some of his tissue from his bed, and some of his soiled bedding to attempt to potty train him, but he was obviously so confused =/
He burrowed under his sand bath and curled up there (it's a metal dog bowl, so I removed it)
but he still wouldn't settle down, for hours.. =/

I'm worried that he'll be this confused and scared every time I clean him out =/ and it really upset me.
He is currently in a mini duna, if I were to get him a larger cage, could I clean him out less often? I know that sounds gross =/ and he probably wouldn't appreciate the extra space...I just feel really helpless and don't know how to make him more comfortable =/

Sorry for the multitude of my posts..but yeah >.<
Has anybody experienced a blind hamster? And done anything special during cage cleaning? I put everything back where I found it (although I had to remove the sandbath after he was trying to sleep under it because I thought he would catch a cold as it was cold metal and he had no bedding under there either) but he was still confused and scared =/
KatiePillow is offline   Reply With Quote