View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 04:16 AM  
Holly
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Sleeping Arrangements?? Calling WW owners/Experts!

Well, we are now the proud owners of two little WW brothers - a Normal and Pearl (from LMDH - some of you might know her from other forums).

I was hoping to introduce them with piccies tonight (we've left them to settle in so far, though they've both been out playing last night and are already amusing us with their antics ) but feel the need to post this as I'm slightly concerned by their sleeping arrangments - already they are sleeping separately. Is this ok/normal?

I've followed all of the advice I've been given so far - we've got them a nice big single-roomed Gabber Rex cage, they've got two wheels, three 'sleeping areas' and I've scattered their food rather than putting it in a bowl. We haven't handled them yet (after school today - and in the bath!) so I put the carry cage into the main cage and then let them come out when they were ready - I then divided up the carry cage bedding into the three sleeping areas so that, hopefully, both their scents would be in all three areas. I did hear quite a bit of squeaking in the night - it didn't sound too frantic or panicked - just like the squeaking I heard them doing in their tub at the show - which LMDH said was normal.

However this morning I was worried about Turner (the Normal) as I hadn't seen him - Sparrow (the Pearl - get it?) has been up a couple of times (he really seems very un-phased and unafraid of us which is great). I felt the need to check on Turner and found him curled up and reluctant to move in the little house, while Sparrow is sleeping under the shelf.

Turner doesn't have any evidence of injuries but should I worry? It seems that the dominant one of the pairing might already be showing his colours .....I do have another Gabber Rex (I found them being sold very cheaply) and will be able to separate if necessary but obviously won't do anything rash - I just feel a bit worried that they are sleeping apart already - I thought they'd be curled up together missing their brothers.......
Holly is offline   Reply With Quote