View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 04:47 PM  
Holly
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Lymm - First Time Show Questions??

I'm planning on attending the Lymm Show a week on Sunday and bringing our three for the pet class (probably all three) and racing (Treacle and Custard). It's quite a long way for us (an hour and three quarter drive) so I'm planning on making a day of it and staying for most of the day. I particularly want to be there for the Syrian judging (which I believe is 11.30 am).

As it's my first show and I want to do my best for our hammies (who've never travelled before) I have a few questions:

1) Cages - for those who know my cage set up will Treacle and Custard be ok in their Rotastak Pod thingies with familliar bedding inside them? I can't bring them in their large wire cages as they are just too big (I have to get myself, two boys and three cages in the car). The only thing is that they will have no wheels as theirs won't fit in height-wise. Mocha will travel in his Lux.

2) Pet class - I realise they can be shown in their own cages but does it matter what bedding they are on? Or what food is in their cages? I know there are strict rules for the main class but ours aren't on shavings - will I have to change the whole cage bedding for the day? What about water - can they have their own water bottles? Can we attend to them during the show or aren't we allowed near them once they are in?

3) Racing - do I need anything specific for this? What time is the racing?

4) Refreshments (human) - is there anything available there or is it strictly packed lunch and flasks?

Finally, I'm really looking forward to the show - meeting everyone, seeing what goes on and learning as much as possible from the day. One thing worries me - will my hammies be ok? It won't be too stressful for them? I'm just worried that I'm not thinking about them first and foremost, if you know what I mean - they are just pet shop hammies who aren't used to all this - though they are very tame and friendly and seem to be very healthy so far.

Many thanks for any information and advice
Holly is offline   Reply With Quote