View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 11:06 AM  
Dora
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Imac Fantasy - Cage Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teatoo View Post
Hey guys, I'm new here, and I'm getting my first hamster, a syrian, soon from Babyboos Hamstery! I'm extremely excited, and I've been reading this forum for a while now, preparing myself for his arrival. I'm deciding on a cage, and the Imac Fantasy seems like a great one. I have a few questions about it though, and I was wondering if anyone could answer them? (:

1. Am I right in thinking there is a built in house on the second floor for them to nest in? Also, do I put nesting material up there for them, or do they make their nest themselves?

yes their is a little house but dora dragged her nest out and just had on the upper level so i use the little nest area as her food dish area. i have added megazorb a thin layer and she has dragged this into her nest for extra comfort/warmth.

2. I've read that the wheel is too small for a syrian, and I'm going to replace it with a Wodent Wheel Junior. Is this easy to do?

yes wodent wheel is easy i have mine on the lower level.

3. Is access to your hamster good in this cage? I can only see one door and it's very small.

yes if upper level you can remove the lid easily and has doors on opening. i would recommend you buy a extension for more space too

4. Should I get the Savic Cambridge instead of this?
both good cages have read great reviews on the cambridge but dont have one personally.

hope this helps.. congrats on your soon to be new addition you must be in my local area with babyboos based in edinburgh is it a rescue or one she bred??
Dora is offline   Reply With Quote