View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 11:52 PM  
Jill Bayles
Hamster Pup

Good news folks...Hammy returned at 6.30am...he came in with the milk as they say round here...I think he's been nightclubbing myself...although he didn't have a lady friend with him but hey it's late so maybe he's walked her home and well...you know...one thing led to another and they had a little hamster romance He certainly has a twinkle in his eye and is full of beans

I posted that last post then not long afterwards I turned around and there he was, tucking into the boiled egg pieces that I'd left out to trap him. He scurried off like greased lightning when I went to pick him up so I had to chase him along the landing and he leapt up quite a high step to get away from me so he obviously enjoyed his taste of freedom!

I think that Hammy had got all cosy in the vicinity of my laundry basket as he tried to go back down the side of it when I approached him...there is hardly any gap there as it stands in the corner of the room where the walls join but I'm sure he'd found a way to get behind it as there is a bit of space there...Houdini Hammy then eh?

I was so relieved to see him that I put some more of the egg and fruit and veg in the cage and he devoured it so his shenanigans must have left him ravenous, but he hasn't really eaten much since he came so I'll let him off just this once. He tipped the entire contents of his food bowl into his bed so he'll be having a hearty breakfast at this very mo no doubt!

As for the cage it's now got a heavy book positioned over the catch and later today I will purchase a small padlock from Wilko's to ensure, as a precautionary measure, that Aidan can't get into it without supervision and Hammy can't get out without permission. Sorted!

And now I'm off to bed.

What a night that turned out to be
Jill Bayles is offline   Reply With Quote