View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 08:07 AM  
SnuggleHam
Former Admin

Default Sam went over the rainbow bridge.

My gerbil Sam passed away this morning from old age. I knew her time was coming soon because she stopped going into the ten gallon tank attached to their bin cage and had moved her nest to the main living area where the food and water had been. She was kind of slow and tired most of the time.

I think she died just moments before I woke up this morning, because when I found her body she was still a bit warm and limp. Her cage mates, which are all her daughters were sniffing around her and trying to groom her

I had her since 2005, she lived a good life and had two litters of beautiful babies! I wonder if my remaining three females in the clan will have to create a new hierarchy? Hopefully the death of their mother doesn't start any dangerous situation with domination. I gave them an egg carton to chew. They don't really seem to care much about Sams passing now, they are happily chewing away!

Still she will be missed, she was such a calm and tame little gerbil and she was a great mother. She had eight healthy pups for her very first litter and raised them all wonderfully!

The memories...

Here are some nice pictures of sam in her younger years...

Some of Sams pups

Rest in peace my little gerbil momma!
SnuggleHam is offline   Reply With Quote