Wiki

Ads by Google

Go Back   Hamster Central > Hamster Central Forum Topics > Memorials

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #1
Tish36
Hamster Goddess

Default Binky Williams: 2002-2010 RIP

I know many of you may have seen the thread "Binky " but I thought I would make an offical memorial thread for him here.

We got Binky when I was 9 years old, just a few months before my younger sister was born. I had no other siblings at this point, and no cousins, so most of my time was spent with my animals - so getting Binky was a prominent point in my life. A friend of my mum's gave him to us, saying he was the most lovely kitten in the litter, and would always love cuddles and attention.

It is safe to say that Binky filled up to his description, and never had a problem with cuddles and affection. He even fought with our other cat Precious, and our dog Toby, in a battle for affection off us all

Over the years, Binky began to get fed at other houses, which worried us, but he always came back to say hi and get a cuddle (and some food which he probably didn't need!) Whenever I walked to school, he was there about 3 times a week, waiting to walk me down the road just to see me off. I caught him doing the same to others too, as he was so friendly. He let random people give him cuddles, and always made people feel happy and safe around him.

About 3-4 weeks ago, we didn't see Binky around the road, and became anxious that he had permenantly moved out (this can be seen on my other thread) and we were quite upset, wondering what to do about the neighbours who were feeding him. However, as time went on, we couldn't see him anywhere on the streets, and this was unlike Binky as he hated to be cooped up inside the house. I started to make posters and leafletted them around the houses. My Nan put posters in local shops and in the vets, in hope that someone would contact us with some information.

Yesterday, we went to our local car boot sale, where my sister handed out posters about our missing kitty. One man called me over with a look of dismay on his face, and informed us that about 3 weeks ago, he had seen a cat dead on the road near our house. He told us that he stopped and moved Binky onto the pavement, which I found very honourable of him, considering the people who had hit Binky hadn't bothered to stop and move him, which I find most upsetting.

Later on that day, an old lady rang to ask if we had found Binky. Apparently, he used to sit in her garden and keep her company whilst she did the gardening. She sounded devastated when we told her what we knew. This, is a beautiful and touching example of what a caring, loving cat he was, and shows that he touched many a heart, in his 8 years with us.

A friend also informed me today, that he had also seen Binky's body on the road near ours, so it is becoming more and more certain that it was our lovely Binky who has passed on.

I feel honoured to have known him for the 8 short years which I did. He has touched the hearts of all our family and many of the people who live around us. His kind nature was clear to all who met him, and people showed no fear when wanting to stroke Binky (which he could use to his advantage if it meant food!) His purr was remarkably loud, and he drooled whenever he was happy, which was the majority of the time.

All these traits make up the most perfect, beautiful cat that anyone could of ever asked for. I hope that wherever he is now, he is happy, and given plenty of attention, cuddles and treats. He will never be forgotten, and will always remain close to the hearts of those who knew him.

Rest in Peace Binky - Play Well.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #2
fluffymunchkins
#1 Hamster Mom

Default Re: Binky Williams: 2002-2010 RIP

He had an amazing life full of joy and happiness, i know how close he was to your heart even if he wasn't there all the time.
Please keep my past cats - Smokey, Kitty and Saphire, company in heaven and i'm sure theyll take care of you xx
Old 07-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #3
Tish36
Hamster Goddess

Thank you FM
I hope he is happy with my past cats too - Smeagol, Ayla and Frodo
Old 07-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #4
Hope
Retired Moderator

That is a wonderful tribute Tish, it sounds like Binky had much love to give and he touched the hearts of many people in his short life.

Rest in Peace Binky - run free at the bridge x x
Old 07-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #5
internet_nobody
PM Fluffy for custom title

Aw, i'm sorry RIP Binky.
internet_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #6
Tish36
Hamster Goddess

Thank you all xxx
Old 07-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #7
princess-rhi89
Princess Ham-Fabulous

RIP Binky, Hope you play nice at the bridge with all our hammies xxx
<3 And my human baba who was too good for this earth <3
princess-rhi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #8
annie81
Miss Pawsome

i am really sorry for you tish. but as you know cats have more lives...so maybe your binky will come back to you somehow...maybe even as hamster. you never know that...

rip binky
xx
annie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #9
wofunny
Lord Ham-Tastic

A great tribute for Binky, he had a great life with you, and he will be missed! R.I.P Binky xxxx

Last edited by wofunny; 07-05-2010 at 12:06 PM.
wofunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #10
Tish36
Hamster Goddess

Thank you all for your kind words x