Gallery
Wiki

Ads by Google

Go Back   Hamster Central > Bug Corner > Hamster Photo Contest

Notices

Old 06-11-2021, 10:35 AM   #1
souffle

Default Hamster of the Month - July 2021

Firstly sorry for the delay in posting this - I have been on holiday!
This month's theme has been chosen by member Fairycake winner of last month's competition.
THIS COMPETITION IS FOR A PICTURE of Hamsters ' Music theme' so the photo should be one that shows a hamster with a music themed prop eg an instrument, CD. record. sheet music etc. Please ensure any props are safe to use and your hamster is supervised closely NO PHOTOSHOPPED OR COMPOSITE PICTURES PLEASE.

The theme is for a picture of Hamsters and Music

Please do not post any comments about the picture. Please post THE HAMSTERS NAME ONLY. Any extra comments will be removed.

It's a new month so we have to choose the 'Hamster of the Month' for next month. The winning hamster will appear on the front page of the forum so when someone comes on to the forum they will see the picture.
PLEASE TRY AND RESIZE PHOTOS AS SOME ARE HUGE AND ARE STRETCHING THE FORUM. 600 pixels wide is a good standard size for the forum. Please try and do this as the huge pics are pixellated and do not do your entry justice. Please do not use photobucket for your entries.

1. This competition is for the July Hamster of the month. We would like a picture this month with a theme of 'Hamsters - music'

2. You may enter 1 picture.

3. The picture should be clear and as charming as possible

4. The picture must be of a hamster of any species and it must belong to you or your family. It may be with you now or have passed to the bridge.

5. Closing date for entries is 23rd June 2021 at 11.59pm GMT.

6. The voting will be posted and the new pic will be displayed in July. Each member will have 1 vote. The poll will be public and you may NOT vote for your own entry. Voting for another family member's entry is highly discouraged.

7. Please try and post a new photograph that you have not entered in a previous competition.

8. It must be pictures of hamsters 'Music'. If you post a picture that is not themed you will be asked to replace it with one that is. If you do not do this is will NOT be included in the competition.

9. Please do not post any comments on the thread until AFTER the poll has closed. PM me with questions. Comments will be removed.

10. The winner of the competition who chooses the theme for the next month is not allowed to enter the competition they chose the theme for. They may enter any thereafter.

PM me with any queries. If you cannot post pics then e mail me the pic and I will post it on your behalf.
If you decide to withdraw an entry please let me know
If your picture is not there when the poll is posted I will PM you to ask if there is a problem but there is only a limited time that the Poll posting can be held for so please respond as soon as possible thanks.

Pictures that are too large or too small do not do your entry justice and people may just skim over it. PLEASE RESIZE

Looking forward to seeing your entries
souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:57 AM   #2
souffle

Default Re: Hamster of the Month - July 2021

surely we must have some entries?
Old 06-24-2021, 06:58 AM   #3
souffle

Sadly we have had no entries this month for this competition.
I will leave it a few more days - how sad we may have to stop these competitions
Old 06-24-2021, 10:52 AM   #4
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Just a thought, but maybe some simpler themes, where we don't have to get props out.
e,g, hamster eating, cute hamster (aren't they all cute), your favourite picture of your hamster, syrian hamster, dwarf hamster, hamster drinking, hamster in their cage, hamster in their wheel etc
and yes I agree would be a shame to see this go, i like to see the photos people put forward each month.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:27 AM   #5
Little Luna's Mum
Hamster Pup

Agree, would be a shame for this to end.
Enjoyed it so much.
Please don't end it.
Little Luna's Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:34 AM   #6
VOESSY
Adult Hamster

I'd be onboard for what Luna says, a tad bit simpler/casual themes. (:
Old 06-24-2021, 01:20 PM   #7
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Or, just simply enter the photo of a hamster doing whatever they are doing naturally and then people vote for the photo they'd like to see on the front page.

I never liked the shared photo when there was no clear winner because it doesn't do the individual entry justice. I think it would be better to share the time they are displayed for.

Well, that's my opinion anyway.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:45 PM   #8
Chicleteer
Hamster Pup

I hope it doesn’t end! I love seeing the pictures. I did have one of Chiclet “playing the piano” but it was definitely altered by my drawing of a keyboard (and not a good one at that). Too close to photoshopping. But I really enjoy the entries, and then seeing a new winner each month at the top of the front page each time I log in. Fingers crossed that we can keep the tradition!
Chicleteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:19 PM   #9
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

I've only just seen this! Maybe we could just skip a month and do next month! I'd hate to see the photo comp go - there have been some lovely photos this year. Could it be stickied so it comes up every time anyone logs in?
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 03:10 AM   #10
souffle

Some good ideas.
The winner gets to choose the theme though so I don't really feel we can take that privilege away. There is seldom a draw Ria where we have a shared front page pic.
We cannot do shared time as it does take the owner of the forum some effort to change it. It's an admin task that the moderators cannot do. We are all volunteers and do not own the forum. Fluffy is the owner and he is in Canada and he has a family and work which takes priority.
I'm going to leave Pumpkin on the front page for now and I will choose the theme next month and encourage people to choose a more open theme in future. Some of the more common themes have been done so many times it is always nice to see people trying to do a slightly different theme now and again I think.
If we want it to continue please enter people and please vote too.

Tags
competition, hamster, month, picture, post