Gallery
Wiki

Ads by Google

Go Back   Hamster Central > Hamster Central Forum Topics > Housing

Notices

Old 12-04-2018, 05:55 AM   #1
Nichole
Newborn Pup

Default Paper pellet bedding suitable for hamster?

Hi, I’m currently looking for bedding opinions and trying to find which one is cost effective and safe for my hamsters. One of my hamster is currently on healthy pet bedding while the other one is on both healthy pet paper based bedding and living world fresh n comfy. So far both is ok with their bedding. From what I have heard living world fresh ncomfy has baking soda in it but my hamster has been find since she was on it , granted she doesn’t ingest her bedding. I’ve looking to switch to one without baking soda and those I could find here are Green Kat paper cat litter and pets dream paper pure.Both are made from recycled paper and are in pellet form. I’ve tried using green kat litter on my hamster on a 1/6 ratio of his bedding and he’s ok.
Has anyone tried either of those before ?
Nichole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:57 AM   #2
BorisPasha
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Paper pellet bedding suitable for hamster?

I'm not sure where you live but a lot of people in the UK use fitch paper bedding

https://www.fitchfirst.co.uk/fitch-p...r/bedding.html

There is also Kaytee Clean & Cosy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kaytee-Clea...clean+and+cosy

I haven't used either of the two you have mention so can't give an opnion on them, but maybe someone else will be able to give you an opinion on those

Bossed around by Artie, Spartacus, Snapdragon, Feliks, Veikko & Delphia.
Boris, Pasha, Jaska & Max playing at the rainbow bridge, forever loved.

https://www.instagram.com/wehave3hamsters/
BorisPasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:46 PM   #3
Nichole
Newborn Pup

I live in Malaysia so I can’t get Fitch ,but we do have carefresh which is expensive and kaytee clean n cozy (but you could only get it online for a price ). Most people here use chipsi (which is made from softwood) so I can’t really get paper based bedding unless I go to the big chain pet shop.
Nichole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:21 AM   #4
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

I don't know those brands either, I wouldn't risk using the one with baking soda in though even if your ham seems fine now.
I've never used pelleted paper substrate but I do wonder if it would hold burrows or if they would just collapse? Hams do generally like to burrow & dig down under the substrate, if you can get the kaytee clean & cosy I would go with that, if you just spot clean & don't do any unnecessary complete cage cleans once you've set up a cage you don't need a huge amount of substrate really so it may not work out too expensive in the long run.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bedding, paper, hamster, find, litter, world, fresh, kat, baking, living, i’ve, soda, green, pellet, pet, healthy, dream, pets, cat, suitable, i’m, switch, pure.both, form, he’s