Ads by Google

Go Back   Hamster Central > Hamster Central Forum Topics > Memorials

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #1
kyrilliondaemon
Retired Moderator

Default Apple and Moxyfru

I just wanted to let people know that Apple the dwarf hamster and Moxyfru the mouse have passed away.

Moxyfru was one of the three mouse girls we arranged to get just over a year ago... Little did we know that we'd end up so appauled by their care we'd end up going back for the rest of their family too! Moxyfru settled in well here with her sisters, eventually was reintroduced to the rest of the females from that family as well as two of the mice we already had, then in time the girls met the males in the family who had also been neutered. Moxyfru loved being part of such a big group and enjoyed her time with her friends and family. She went from a tiny little girl who thought she didn't know when she'd get her next meal to a happy and fairly confident lady who made full use of the cage she had and wasn't above kicking the odd bit of food out of the cage when hunting for the best bits. We definetly saw a lot of changes in her and they were all for the better.
In the end the cancer that seems to run in her family took her, she's back with those she'd lost now.
RIP Moxyfru

We adopted Apple in November from Notts Nibblers Rodent Rescue, she was one half of a pair and having had experience with dwarf pairs and groups we decided to get them. The girls seemed happy together at first but in time did separate and adjust to life as singles. Apple was a very friendly and laid back girl, she'd sometimes lie quite contentedly in your hand, othertimes she'd potter about and explore when she was out. Whatever she was up to she was always happy, friendly and a real lovely little girl. Unfortunately she passed away unexpectedly last week, we don't know why.
We had much less time with Apple than we would have expected but I'm still very glad we were able to adopt her and know her for the time we did.
RIP Apple
Old 03-24-2015, 02:12 PM   #2
Artisans_uk
PM Fluffy for custom title

Send a message via Skype™ to Artisans_uk
Default Re: Apple and Moxyfru

Very sorry to read your sad news, Kyrillion.

Moxyfru certainly had a totally different life with you, along with her own siblings and the extended mouse family that you have. She was lucky that you came along and gave her and her family a very different life that she obviously enjoyed to the full.

What a pity that your time with Apple was much shorter but I know that the love and care that you showed her whilst she was with you gave her many happy and contented days.

Play well at the Bridge Apple and Moxyfru, enjoy being reunited with family who have gone before.

Gentle hugs for all in your house, Kyrillion.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:05 AM   #3
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

So sorry for your loss Kyrillion, they both sound like they were wonderful girls & had a great life with you, so sad it was all too short.
Play well at the bridge little ones.
❤️
Old 03-25-2015, 03:03 AM   #4
Willow Wisp
PM Fluffy for custom title

I'm so sorry for your loss Kyrilliondaemon, you obviously loved them both very much and gave them both a wonderful life.

Play well at the bridge little Moxyfru and Apple xx
Old 03-27-2015, 11:25 PM   #5
Thin Lizzy
Hamster Warrior

Sorry to hear your sad news. Both girls were truly loved and cared for by yourself.
RIP Moxyfru & Apple sweet dreams xx
Old 04-08-2015, 03:32 AM   #6
souffle

I am so sorry for your loss. Two special little friends.
Play well at the bridge Apple & Moxyfru x
Old 04-08-2015, 05:21 AM   #7
Snowz
Hamster Overlord

Sorry for your loss, Apple and Moxyfru had a happy life play well at the bridge Apple and Moxyfru!
Closed Thread