Wiki

Ads by Google

Go Back   Hamster Central > Hamster Central Forum Topics > Memorials

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Tish36
Hamster Goddess

Default My Angel in the Stars: Sprout

I know I haven't been around the forum loads due to uni etc, and I was going to come on here as soon as it happened, but with stress and other things building up in my personal life, I haven't had time to sit down and remember my baby. Until now. On Saturday 26th November 2011 at about 4:25pm, my beautiful Sprout got put to sleep. The amount he meant to me, I cannot possibly describe, but I can try, so here we go.

In July 2008 (way before I joined the forum) I picked Sprout out at my local P@H. One day I just woke up and decided I wanted to have a hamster again, as I hadn't owned one for years and the timing just felt right. He picked me instantly, he wasn't the most active or the fluffiest or the biggest, but he was mine before I knew it. The moment we looked at each other, we knew we had to have each other. I picked him and he jumped out of the assistants hand, but survived the drop. I was offered another hamster, but I said no, he was mine and just because he had fell a few feet didn't mean I was going to put him back.

I took him home and sat staring at him for a bit, he was desperate to get out. So I was naughty and forgot about the time you're meant to leave them to settle and got him out. He was instantly tame, he accepted humans 110%, he had no problems with me and never did. The only time he bit was by accident if I was feeding him food or when he was ill and needed to let me know.

Over time, I got more and more hamsters including Skittles and Shadow, who passed a few months ago. Together I called them the 3 Hamketeers, due to their names all beginning with the same letter. I was on the forum by this point, searching advice and updating pictures all the time of my furry friends.

I went to Lymm Hamster Show in 2010 and watched Shadow and Skittles win various prices. Sprout was slowing down so only participated in the pet class, in which he came 4th. He behaved perfectly and was so tame.

He fathered a litter with Shadow, known as the Spradows. Little Loki, Monty, Luna and Velvet were all lovely, though sadly Luna and Monty have gone to the bridge.

Sprout outlived many of the animals around him, some being fellow adult hamsters, some being his children. Even when he was bony and weak, he still trundled on in need of a cuddle or just to do a lap of his cage for some entertainment.

Sprout meant and still means the world to me. He opened me up to a greater love of animals than I already had, with his gentle ways and the way I connected with him like I have done with hardly any other animal before. I will miss him forever, and he will always be a huge part of my life. He is being individually cremated this week and I will have a part of him back with me soon, to have that joy is a blessing to me.

He was beautiful, incredible and extremely special. Sprout, I know you were confused when I took you the vet when I saw you unable to walk or eat. I'm sorry I couldn't stay with you, being taken into another room with the vet was the most painless way for you to go. I didn't want you to hurt anymore, I wanted you to be free to soar in that big hammy heaven in the sky with everyone. You left such an impact on everyone, I must of had about 50 messages remembering you, the vet cried when she had to put you down. You were so so so loved, and I never want you to forget that no matter where you are.

Sorry for the extended memorial but he deserves it.

I love you Sprout, Rest in Peace my Angel.

15th July 2008 - 26th November 2011

Old 12-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Humphrey Furball
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: My Angel in the Stars: Sprout

Poor little boy, I'm so sorry to hear that he has gone to the bridge; he had a wonderful life with you, play well Sprout x
Old 12-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
Hamtastic
Retired Moderators

This is a wonderful story about Sprout's life and the ways in which he changed yours. He was a great friend, and as such, he must have a great spot reserved for him at the Bridge with all the toys he can possibly want!

Rest in peace, Sprout!
Old 12-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
souffle

I am so very sorry Tish.
Once in a while we find an animal that is our 'twin heart' and Sprout was clearly one of these special friends to you. You knew when he needed help to move on and giving this is the greatest gift because it is something they cannot do themselves and involves great personal sacrifice. He will always be with you in your heart.
Play well at the bridge Sprout xx
souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
Hope
Retired Moderator

Absolutely no need to apologise Tish, he was a beautiful boy and will be remembered always, even by those who handnt even met him. He was clearly one in a million and was destined to find you, he will always be very special.

Sleep tight little man, play well x x
Old 12-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #6
Womblehands
Nom Nom Hamster Mum

Rest well little Sprout. One of the classics was ol Sprout. I am sure Peanut will take care of him in heaven.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
Pompompoms
Retired Moderator

I want to thank you for such a lovely memorial so please don't appologise. It's so good to get a real feeling of what Sprout was like, and how special he was, no wonder he meant so much to you. You gave him the kindest gift of all out of love, he's be running free from pain with all our little ones we miss so much now till it's time for you to see him again xx
Pompompoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #8
RachK
Crazy Hamster Lady

A beautiful memorial for your beautiful boy. He had such a wonderful long life with you Tish. Brought tears to my eyes reading that. RIP little Angel xxxx
Old 12-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #9
fluffymunchkins
#1 Hamster Mom

I'd like to pay my respects to Sprout again.
He was truely a sweet and loved little man, hes been a hammy friend at HC for some time.

I hope he now once again rejoins those that have passed away before him x
Old 12-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #10
TraceyH
Syrian Worshipper

He was a lovely looking hamster.