Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Navigation
Front Page
Forum
Gallery
Wiki

Ads by Google


Go Back   Hamster Central > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2020, 07:17 AM   #1
RenK777
Newborn Pup
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: East Coast, NJ
Posts: 49
Default Bought our hammies a playpen...

I can sit in it! 62"!! They're on sale on Chewy.com right now! I looked for one with a zippered top so that I can prevent escape if I leave the room for a moment. It is cloth so obviously, hammies can't be left unattended but I can load this enclosure up with boxes and tubes and toys and give them more room to play. Can't wait!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200207_090924.jpg (3.16 MB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 20200207_090952.jpg (4.49 MB, 13 views)
RenK777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:20 PM   #2
Chicleteer
Hamster Pup
 
Chicleteer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 128
Default Re: Bought our hammies a playpen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenK777 View Post
I can sit in it! 62"!! They're on sale on Chewy.com right now! I looked for one with a zippered top so that I can prevent escape if I leave the room for a moment. It is cloth so obviously, hammies can't be left unattended but I can load this enclosure up with boxes and tubes and toys and give them more room to play. Can't wait!
It looks wonderful! I just went on Chewy.com and what they are showing on sale says it is an EliteField 42 x 42 x 24, And that seems to be the largest. Is that the same one you are getting? For my next hamster, I really want something like this. I have a feeling yours is even larger, and I do want something I can sit in with him/her.Ö Anyhow, let us know how it works out for you!
Chicleteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:24 PM   #3
Chicleteer
Hamster Pup
 
Chicleteer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 128
Default Re: Bought our hammies a playpen...

Quick update: I just went on Amazon.com and I see that there ARE ones that are 62 inches, so Iím sure I was looking at the smaller one. I just donít see it on Chewy. Itís $83 on Amazon, so Iím not planning to order it just now if I will be able to get it on sale.
Chicleteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:59 AM   #4
RenK777
Newborn Pup
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: East Coast, NJ
Posts: 49
Default Re: Bought our hammies a playpen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicleteer View Post
It looks wonderful! I just went on Chewy.com and what they are showing on sale says it is an EliteField 42 x 42 x 24, And that seems to be the largest. Is that the same one you are getting? For my next hamster, I really want something like this. I have a feeling yours is even larger, and I do want something I can sit in with him/her.Ö Anyhow, let us know how it works out for you!
Yes, that's the one in 62". They must have sold out. Let me check...Amazon has similar/same for about $80. I got it on Chewy for $63 + tax....so just under $70 (I got the 24" high...not the 36" in height. In hindsight, I should have got the 36" high so that kids could sit with top zipped. Regardless, I (and an 8 and 10 year old) all fit inside comfortably with our pets yesterday. I'm very happy so far!
RenK777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:01 AM   #5
RenK777
Newborn Pup
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: East Coast, NJ
Posts: 49
Default Re: Bought our hammies a playpen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicleteer View Post
Quick update: I just went on Amazon.com and I see that there ARE ones that are 62 inches, so Iím sure I was looking at the smaller one. I just donít see it on Chewy. Itís $83 on Amazon, so Iím not planning to order it just now if I will be able to get it on sale.
Seems as though it's still available...https://www.chewy.com/elitefield-2-d...-cat/dp/226656
RenK777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:03 AM   #6
RenK777
Newborn Pup
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: East Coast, NJ
Posts: 49
Default Re: Bought our hammies a playpen...

Screenshot:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200208-100034_Chrome.jpg (433.4 KB, 2 views)
RenK777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:04 AM   #7
RenK777
Newborn Pup
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: East Coast, NJ
Posts: 49
Default Re: Bought our hammies a playpen...

The higher one is 30"...not 36"....and on sale for $72.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200208-100337_Chrome.jpg (389.9 KB, 1 views)
RenK777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:09 AM   #8
RenK777
Newborn Pup
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: East Coast, NJ
Posts: 49
Default Re: Bought our hammies a playpen...

I'm 5'9" and can comfortably lie inside so if I'm in there alone with hamster or gerbils, I'll probably do that and zip top. Eventually, I might get kids the higher one for downstairs and keep this one for me upstairs in attic as my hamster is lazy (poops and pees where he sleeps and often eats lying down...THAT lazy). He's on his own schedule... only comes out for a few hours when it's dark and then he's on his wheel the entire time. So I know he's not hurt. Just super lazy. If I turn lights out early, he'll venture out so I can bring him in playpen for an hour or so after kids are in bed and not have to bring him downstairs or playpen upstairs. <3
RenK777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hammies, room, load, cloth, left, unattended, wait, give, toys, play, boxes, tubes, enclosure, escape, sale, chewy.com, playpen, sit, looked, bought, leave, prevent, zippered, top, moment

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Parts of this site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Ltd. (Details)
Copyright © 2003-2020, Hobby Solutions
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:40 PM.