Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Navigation
Front Page
Forum
Gallery
Wiki

Ads by Google


Go Back   Hamster Central > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2017, 12:34 AM   #1
breakfastwithbutternut
Hamster Pup
 
breakfastwithbutternut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 54
Smile Water Bottle Leaks

What is your favorite water bottle? I always keep Butternut's full to prevent leaking but am wondering if there is a better bottle. ❤
breakfastwithbutternut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:45 AM   #2
cypher
Dwarf whisperer
 
cypher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Wales UK
Posts: 23,318
Default Re: Water Bottle Leaks

I always used the classic water bottles, I did try a few others but always came back to those & had no problems with them.
Don't overfill your bottle though, you need an air space to keep it from leaking & screwing the top on too tight can cause leaks too.
__________________
Slave to Míriel & Zak.
Always loved, never forgotten, forever in my heart
T'ycor, Ziggy, Zephyr, Flynt, Mickle, Little Whisp, Zen, Zeki, Tinwë & Zylvan
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:18 AM   #3
BorisPasha
PM Fluffy for custom title
 
BorisPasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Scotland
Posts: 3,470
Default Re: Water Bottle Leaks

I use the classic bottles, I've never had any problems with them. I had a living world glass bottle but I wasn't keen on it.
__________________

Bossed around by Artie, Spartacus, Snapdragon, Feliks, Veikko & Delphia.
Boris, Pasha, Jaska & Max playing at the rainbow bridge, forever loved.

https://www.instagram.com/wehave3hamsters/
BorisPasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:37 AM   #4
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title
 
chesca_27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Hertfordshire - UK,
Posts: 1,247
Default Re: Water Bottle Leaks

I use the Classic water bottles, but I think the Living World bottles are good as well. I swear by the Living World bottles for my guinea pigs.
__________________

Artemis the hamster, Pemba the guinea pig, Hermes and Harvey the Labradors and Hugo the Miniature Schnauzer
RIP Toffee, Jasper & Oreo ❤️- Loved and always remembered
chesca_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:41 AM   #5
Vectis Hamstery
Moderator
 
Vectis Hamstery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 4,565
Default Re: Water Bottle Leaks

I like the Classic ones too.
I bought a load of the glass living world ones as they couldn't be chewed and the bottles could be washed in hotter water than the plastic ones. Sadly most of mine jammed or failed to deliver water no matter what I did, and the few that were ok stopped working quite quickly - thankfully the pet sitters were on the ball as one stopped working when I was away and they changed it for a spare one. I only have one still in use of all the ones I bought and I keep a close eye on that one.
__________________
Vectis Hamstery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:33 PM   #6
breakfastwithbutternut
Hamster Pup
 
breakfastwithbutternut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 54
Default Re: Water Bottle Leaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
I always used the classic water bottles, I did try a few others but always came back to those & had no problems with them.
Don't overfill your bottle though, you need an air space to keep it from leaking & screwing the top on too tight can cause leaks too.
O ok, thanks for the tip!
breakfastwithbutternut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:34 PM   #7
breakfastwithbutternut
Hamster Pup
 
breakfastwithbutternut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 54
Default Re: Water Bottle Leaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisPasha View Post
I use the classic bottles, I've never had any problems with them. I had a living world glass bottle but I wasn't keen on it.
Thanks for the info!
breakfastwithbutternut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:35 PM   #8
breakfastwithbutternut
Hamster Pup
 
breakfastwithbutternut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 54
Default Re: Water Bottle Leaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesca_27 View Post
I use the Classic water bottles, but I think the Living World bottles are good as well. I swear by the Living World bottles for my guinea pigs.
Ok, thanks!
breakfastwithbutternut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:36 PM   #9
breakfastwithbutternut
Hamster Pup
 
breakfastwithbutternut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 54
Default Re: Water Bottle Leaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectis Hamstery View Post
I like the Classic ones too.
I bought a load of the glass living world ones as they couldn't be chewed and the bottles could be washed in hotter water than the plastic ones. Sadly most of mine jammed or failed to deliver water no matter what I did, and the few that were ok stopped working quite quickly - thankfully the pet sitters were on the ball as one stopped working when I was away and they changed it for a spare one. I only have one still in use of all the ones I bought and I keep a close eye on that one.
O no, that sounds so scary! I'm glad it worked out ok! Thanks
breakfastwithbutternut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bottle, leaking, prevent, water, wondering, leaks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Parts of this site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Ltd. (Details)
Copyright © 2003-19, Hobby Solutions Inc.
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:04 PM.